Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi will step up from Chief Executive Officer of Banco Bradesco to the dual role of President and CEO, slated to serve the demanding hybrid position until March of 2018, when a new executive will be appointed. Following the internal promotion, Mr. Trabuco will assume the role of Presidency, being only the third person to serve in the top-dog capacity since Bradesco was founded by Amador Aguiar in 1943.
The promotion comes as a result of Lazaro Brandao’s resignation from his 26-year post as President. He was named President in 1991 after founder Aguiar stepped down due to health issues. Brandao is to credit for the bank’s long-standing tradition of hiring executives within its own ranks. While the practice isn’t unique to Bradesco, it’s certainly beneficial for the Brazilian financial institution.
Mr. Trabuco has operated in concordance with founder Amador Aguiar and Mr. Brandao’s philosophies, with the exception of treating all customers and clients the same way, in every fashion. As Director of Marketing, to which Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi was appointed in 1984, he completely changed how Bradesco’s employees marketed services and bundles of offerings to customers.
Prior to his appointment in 1984, all clients were offered the same services. Marketing was the same for all patrons, regardless of their interests, preferences, level of income, educational attainment, etc. Mr. Trabuco realized, as one who was aware of current trends in marketing, that segmentation and targeting were ideal for potentiating dollar amounts customers brought to Bradesco.
A key reason for Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi’s ascent to the top of Bradesco is his educational attainment and work ethic. He moved over five hours away from his hometown of Marilia after completing secondary school ahead of schedule. Landing in Sao Paulo, he enrolled at the University of Sao Paulo. Mr. Trabuco studied under the supervision of the Faculty of Philosophy, Letters, and Human Sciences, bringing home a degree in Philosophy. He immediately enrolled in a graduate program in Socio-Psychology at the Foundation School of Sociology and Politics of Sao Paulo. Upon completion, he made the long journey home to Marilia, finding a job at Banco Bradesco’s very first branch in 1969 as a teller.
Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi has done innumerable great things for Bradesco throughout the past forty-odd years, a key reason why he is stepping into the simultaneous roles of President and CEO. He will also be heavily involved in the appointment of the upcoming CEO, of which there are seven primary candidates.
- Andre Rodrigues Cano was hired in 1977 and is responsible for human resources at Bradesco. He was appointed to the executive staff in December of 2016.
- Octavio de Lazari is another recent appointment to
- Marcelo de Araujo Noronha is a newer addition to Bradesco, hired in 2003. He’s over investment banking and card issuance.
- Josue Augusto Pancini is over high-income banking and has been with the institution since 1975.
- Domingos Figueiredo Abreu is responsible for consumer lending and was hired in 1981.
- Alexandre da Silva Gluher has one of the longest tenures out of candidates for CEO, and is the Chief Risk Officer.
- Mauricio Machado de Minas is the newest addition to Bradesco of the seven, being hired in 2009. Mr. Minas has had a long career in information technology and is currently over IT functions.
Lazaro Brandao will remain the executive over Bradesco’s subsidiaries, although such will be his only responsibility with the bank. He won’t have any direct input in who the next CEO is, a decision left up to Mr. Trabuco and the current board of directors.https://www.bradescori.com.br/site/conteudo/interna/default3.aspx?secaoId=572